BSc (Hons), MSc, D.Clin Psy, CPsychol DrReenaShah@proton.me
07956 511 467 Make an Appointment
Services & Therapy
Services Offered by Dr. Reena Shah
Coping with difficulties can be a challenge to individuals and it can also impact couple relationships and families. Dr. Reena Shah offers therapy for individuals, couples and families. Therapy offers a safe and confidential space for you to talk about your difficulties openly. Her goal is to help improve your mental wellbeing and overall quality of life.
Dr. Reena Shah advocates for tailored therapies to address her clients’ needs, age and cognitive ability. Her work is informed by many therapeutic models as she is trained in a number of psychological approaches. The approach(es) used in therapy depends on the information gained during your assessment and your goals. She uses techniques that would be most beneficial to you. She gives consideration to the current evidence based practices (including National Institute of Clinical Excellence and NICE guidelines).
Issues that clients bring to therapy in her practices include:
- Low mood / depression
- Anxiety (social anxiety, OCD, phobias, panic attacks)
- Relationship difficulties and/or family problems
- Self-esteem and confidence issues
- Bereavement and loss
- Body image issues/ appearance concern
- Adjusting to life transitions
- Difficulties at work
- Physical health difficulties affecting emotional well-being
- Issues linked to skin disorders
- Trauma – Focussed CBT
The range of psychological approaches that Dr. Shah uses include:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Systemic Family Therapy
- Integrated Approaches
- Solution-Focussed Therapy
- Mindfulness based interventions
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Compassionate minds Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
Please contact to discuss your needs.
- Dr. Shah accepts self-referral, insurance referrals, or direct referrals. She accepts referrals from your GP, psychiatrist, dermatologist, clinics or other Health Professionals.
- Recognised insurance companies: PruHealth, WPA, AXA PPP Healthcare, Cigna Healthcare and Aviva approved.